It's the end of March in Chicago and this morning when I was walking to work the "feels like" temp was 13°. So now all I can think about is getting out of here to somewhere warm and tropical! I am very excited about my next trip, it's a place I haven't been in over 10 years and I have been dying to go back ever since... The British Virgin Islands! While I prepare for this getaway, I'm going through my fave beach ware pieces in my closet as well as coveting a lil'somthin new for the trip:
1. I love these airy pants by Becca. I got them before last year's mexico girls trip and they were perfect for lounging around it, providing a bit of coverage but still super light.
2. My fave sunnies by Celine, and I love them in tortoise. I think they looks so rich in this color and are a fun alternative to the 'big black sunglasses' look.
3. Floppy straw hat to keep the sun off my face and chest - needed! I'm still in search of the perfect straw hat with just enough flop. [suggestions welcomed]
4. Lifeproof iPhone 5s case - needed! With this case you can apparently take photos underwater! It makes me nervous to try, but I am considering it. I have such a love for photography I would love to be able to snap some shots of the giant sea turtles and other under water creatures we saw last time, but I'm not sure I'm willing to risk the life of my beloved iPhone. [Anyone have experience with this product?]
5. I have become a freak about keeping the sun off my face and sunscreen is a m u s t. I was introduced to the CeraVe products by my dermatologist about a year ago and now I swear by them. Their day cream has spf30, perfect for daily use, and their night cream is light but super moisturizing. Best part? You can find these gems at Walgreens!
6. Ok so these were a splurge... Last spring I kept seeing fashion bloggers I follow with the Chanel espadrilles, and I was majorly coveting them. I found myself in the Neiman's shoe department and was about to pull the trigger when I saw these lovely lace espadrilles by Valentino and I immediately changed my mind. Theses bad boys are the perfect spring/summer shoe and I can't wait to take them to the warm sunny islands.